Future of Sport
This year, VivaTech is teaming up with Global Sports Week to dedicate a 9,000-square-meter pavilion to the Future of Sport.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Viva Technology and Global Sports Week (VivaTech and GSW being together referred to herein as the “Co-hosts”) launched the first edition of the Future of Sport Challenge, an initiative developed to recognize and support emerging startups in one or several of the 10 following categories related to sport: Wellness, Performance, GreenTech, Fan Experience, In-venue Technology, E-Sport, Social Innovation, Data Analytics, Media, Virtual Sport.
Applications for the Future of Sport Challenge will be reviewed and assessed by a jury composed of a panel of experts on the basis of qualitative criteria as set out in the present document.
No registration fees are required to participate, nor are Candidates (as such term is defined hereafter) supposed to acquire or use any item whatsoever to participate. However, the cost of the internet connection required to register for the Challenge remains the responsibility of the Candidates.
MSL France, a joint-stock company with capital of 182,400 Euros, having its registered office at 30-34 rue du Chemin Vert, 75011 Paris registered in Paris Trade and Companies Register with number 347 895 096 RCS Paris, acting as manager of the partnership formed between MSL France and Les Echos Solutions, a company having its registered office at 10, boulevard de Grenelle 75015 PARIS registered in Paris Trade and companies Register with number 408 165 157, (“Viva Technology”), is organizing a Challenge taking place between 12/01/23 and 24/02/23 entitled “Future of Sport Challenge” (“Challenge”).
This Challenge is co-hosted by Global Sports Week, Société par actions simplifiée” established under the laws of the French Republic, accredited with RCS No.523 885 901 on the date of 03/05/2019 in Paris.
Participation in the Challenge implies the express and unreserved acceptance of these Challenge rules.
The Future of Sport Challenge is open to startups with innovative solutions or products that already exists in one or more of the categories listed in Article 1.
An application to the Future of Sport Challenge must be written in English according to the process described in article 4. Any startup can participate in the Challenge as long as it provides all of the necessary information so that the jury may correctly evaluate the application (see selection criteria and participation form).
By participating in the Challenge and if he is selected, the Candidate will be expected to exhibit during the Future of Sport Event which will be held within the framework of Viva Technology from 14 to 17 of June 2023 at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, 1 Place de la Porte de Versailles, F-75015 Paris, France. The Candidates are responsible for taking care of all administrative and health procedures required for a stay in France in view of their personal status, in particular of customs formalities.
By registering and taking part in the Challenge, the Candidate accepts the terms and conditions of its participation listed above and is agreeing to respect them. VivaTech and Global Sports Week reserve the right to declare incomplete, false, or non-compliant entries invalid.
The legal representative or the Candidate of the startup shall:
- Connect to the platform Agorize (https://challenges.vivatechnology.com/en/challenges/future-of-sport-2?) between January 12, 2023 at 9:00 Hour CET and February 24, 2023 at 23:59 Hour CET;
- Register the Startup by following the instructions;
- Fill in the required information;
- Upload any other relevant document to enhance the application.
The key dates of the challenge:
- January 12, 2023 at 10:00 Hour CET: Opening of the Challenge
- February 24, 2023 at 23:59 Hour CET: Closing of the Challenge
- March 21, 2023: Announcement of the 10 selected startups
- June 14 - 17, 2023: Future of Sport Event
The 10 selected startups are asked to come and exhibit in a 4sqm booth during the 4 days of the Future of Sport Event co-hosted by Viva Technology and Global Sports Week from June 14 to June 17 2023, in the Hall 2 of Paris Porte de Versaille, 75015 Paris.
5.1 Jury Members
The jury will be composed of 5 people, including representatives from VivaTech,Global Sports Week, ambassador top partners, and potential sponsors of the Future of Sports Hall.
Once the Challenge is closed, the jury will be in charge of screening all the applications and select 10 startups following the selection criteria below:
- Your solution is innovative
- Your POC has been already finalized or your product is already on the market.
- Your solution can be attached to one or many categories listed in article 1
For each of the 10 selected startups:
1. Win your Booth
- Get your 4sqm Booth in the dedicated Future of Sports hall
- Get 4 passes for the global event
- Access to VivaTech exclusive Side Events
- Announcement of the winners in at least one newsletter
- Benefit from the visibility thanks to your booth towards the journalists taking part of VivaTech.
- Pitch on stage at VivaTech in front of top industry leaders and investors
- Get in-person introductions & meetings during Future of Sport and VivaTech
Not included in the prizes are:
- Personal expenses of the startup such as transportation, accommodation
- And more generally, any service not specifically described above
The Co-hosts do not guarantee any opportunities or contracts with any partner to Candidates.
The presence of the winning startups at the Viva Technology Event is mandatory, except in the case of force majeure. In case of absence of one winner, a runner-up Candidate will be declared a winner and the original winner shall be disqualified from the Challenge. The startup will have to inform the organizer before May 15th.
VivaTech and Global Sports Week reserve the right to replace the prizes with prizes of similar content and equivalent or higher value if circumstances so require.
Selected startups participating in Viva Technology accept the terms and conditions of the Event mentioned on both Viva Technology and Global Sports Week websites.
The Co-hosts cannot be held responsible for a problem of communication, network connection, computers or faulty connection. The Co-hosts cannot be held responsible for the malfunction of the platform Agorize for a given browser.
The Co-hosts are not responsible for any malfunction of the platform Agorize or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed applications due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or technical malfunction(s), which may limit a Candidate's ability to participate.
The Co-hosts do not warrant that the platform Agorize will operate without interruption or that it does not contain any computer errors, or that any defects found shall be corrected. The Co-hosts do not warrant that the platform Agorize, the servers giving access to it and/or the third party sites with which it has links do not contain viruses or other components which may cause damage to property.
In no event will the Co-hosts be held responsible for a loss of data or a deterioration of this data. The Co-hosts cannot be held responsible if the data relating to the registration of a Candidate for a project did not reach it for any reason or it could be illegible or impossible to process (for example, if the participant has computer hardware or an inadequate software environment for registration or an Internet connection problem).
The Co-hosts shall not be held responsible if, for any reason (including notably but without being exhaustive computer fraud, virus, fire, flood, strike, force majeure, pandemic such as COVID-19 or any other reason) this Challenge has to be shortened, modified, postponed or canceled. In fact, the Co-hosts reserve the right to shorten, modify or cancel the Challenge if the circumstances so require, without any obligation to reimburse a participant for any damage, loss, cost or expense such as transportation and accommodation it may incur. Any amendment to these rules may be the subject of information to the participants.
Any false statement or data in an application or other document automatically results in the disqualification of the start-up. The proven fraud or attempted cheating of a Candidate may be sanctioned by the Co-hosts without notice.
Startups participating in the Challenge allow and license the Co-hosts to:
- Use the logo, brand and other distinctive features of their Company for the duration of the Event (ie Future of Sport) and for any promotional campaign organized by the Co-hosts (before the Event), during the Event and for three (3) years from the end of the Event. In particular, they allow and license the Co-hosts to reproduce and represent the logo, brand and other distinctive features of their project on all promotional and other advertising for the Challenge, whatever the media (notably print, internet, audio-visual, social media), used to promote the Event.
- Reproduce and represent their image and other elements of their person (name, voice) and/or words recorded on one or more photographs and/or multimedia or video storage media, within the framework of the Co-hosts and intended to be used for, during the Event and after in order to present and promote the Event. This authorization entitles the Co-hosts to apply such additions, deletions, modifications or dubbing to the original recording of images and/or words as the Co-hosts deem useful, provided that they are in keeping with the spirit of the camerawork.
- Use the above mentioned image or abovementioned audio-video recordings, on a non- exclusive basis, in whole or in part, on any present or future storage media (paper, graphic, video, photographic, digital, electronic, etc.) for purposes of promoting Future of Sport, Viva Technology or Global Sports Week particularly for publication via any mode of transmission whatsoever in the press or audiovisual media (all channels combined, including terrestrial, satellite, cable, etc.), on television, in press kits, in publishing, in educational or commercial documents (catalogs, brochures, posters, point-of-sale advertising) disseminated at the initiative of the Co-hosts, on the Internet and particularly on the websites published by Viva Technology or Global Sports Week, on the Co-hosts social networks and/or on ECHOS SOLUTIONS and PUBLICIS GROUP social networks and on any interactive websites particularly in trade fairs, conferences and exhibitions.
Participation in the Challenge requires the submission of personal data relating, in particular, to the identity of the Candidates (including names, mailing and correspondence addresses, phone numbers, etc.). Personal data will be processed in compliance with the French Act on Data Protection n°78-12, as modified. The data are processed by the co-hosts for the treatment of the participation to the Challenge.
The Candidate retains the right, at all times:
- to object to the collection of personal data by Viva Technology; GSW will have access to the participating startups via the Agorize platform or via email send by the VivaTech team
- to access, review or rectify any personal data collected by Viva Technology in connection with the Challenge by accessing its personal space on www.agorize.com ;
- to receive his personal data from Viva Technology in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller, and
- to delete any personal data collected by Viva Technology in connection with the Challenge by sending a request to email@example.com
Unless marked as optional, if the Candidate disagrees to provide or asks for the deletion of the personal data, this may result in the non-registration at the Challenge.
9.2 Purpose and recipients
The collection and processing of such personal data will be transferred by Viva Technology to Global Sports Week:
- to verify that the Candidate is eligible to be selected to participate in the Challenge he/she applied for and complies with the Challenge Rules; and
- to communicate with the Candidate for the purpose of its participation in the Challenge.
The recipients of the data are specifically designated employees of MSL France, Agorize being a subcontractor of MSL France for the purpose of the collection of such data in the context of the Selection.
10.1 Governing law
These Challenge rules shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with French law.
10.2 Settlement of disputes
Parties shall endeavor to resolve amicably any dispute or difficulty arising between them regarding the drafting, interpretation, performance or termination of these Challenge Rules. If all prior attempts to reach an amicable solution fail, any dispute or problem arising from the drafting, interpretation, performance or termination of these rules shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Paris.
Any Notice or correspondence in relation to a dispute should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.3 Contact details
Any correspondence with Agorize with respect to the functioning of the platform and data collection should be addressed to email@example.com.